Image Map

Thursday 24 April 2014

Spoil Your Mumma for Under $50

Mother's Day is coming up quickly (Sunday, May 11) and each year I find that it gets harder and harder to come up with something that shows my mum how much I appreciate her.  Thus,  I thought it would be a good idea to compile a list of pretty things my diva mum likes in hopes it will help you find something perfect for your fabulous mum (that won't break the bank)!




  1. Lush Bath Bombs: What is better than the gift of relaxation? No honestly! Is there anything better?  Lush has a huge selection of handmade natural bath bombs each formulated for different reasons- mosturizing, sleep inducing, calming- and their range of scents is anywhere from lavender and florals to sweet candies.  Basically there's something for everyone.  My favorite is Butterball which is made with cocoa butter to moisturize the skin.  They range in price anywhere from $3.95- $12.95
  2. Lush Bubble Bars:  Along the same lines, Lush has a line of bubble bars which I think are very unique.  Opposed to traditional liquid bubble bath- you crumble a portion of the solid bar into running water and it suds up your tub!  Similar to the bombs there are all sorts of scents and each is formulated with unique oils to serve different purposes.  Pictured above is Sunny Side, which disolves into beautiful shimmery golden water and is full of citrus oils and vitamin D.  They range in price from $4.95- $12.95.
  3. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine: These lipsticks are so luxurious.  The Volupte Shine feel like butter on the lips and look like they are fit for a queen.  They provide a sheer wash of comfortable color which is perfect for a busy working mum.  They retail at Sephora for $39 and are availble in 19 different shades.   
  4. Fragrance:  I believe fragrances are one of the best gifts.  Rollerballs are great to stash in purses and desks and usual average at about $25- $40 (Nest's "Midnight Fleur" is shown above, $30).  Or, if you're unsure about what type of fragrance your mum may like mini fragrance collections make great gifts.  The Coach Mini set (shown above) includes deluxe samples of four Coach Poppy fragrances for $48 and even better is that often retailers like Sephora or Shopper's Drug Mart have Fragrance Sampler promos that include multiple small samples that you can try and then later exchange for a full size of your favorite!
  5. Flowers: It may seem cliche but Mother's Day is in May when tulips and daffodils are blooming and beautiful.  A bouquet of bright Spring flowers is always a good idea and the perfect gift if you and your mum live in different cities. Simply call a local florist and have a bouquet delivered to her door!




Splurge
  1. Naked 2:  My sister and I bought this palette for our mum for her birthday in December and she loves it.  She uses it every single day and has already hit pan on a few of the shadows.  Neutral palettes likes these make great gifts for mums because they are full of wearable every day shades.  We chose Naked 2 because the cool taupe shades happen to suit our mum's style the best but there are three unique Naked palettes, each retailing for $62.
  2. Full size Fragrance: Once again, I believe fragrance makes a great gift, so if you have a little extra money to spend this month upgrade that rollerball to a full size bottle of a brand new scent .  Alien by Thierry Mugler is one of my mum's recent favorites.  It's a rich woody scent with floral notes.
  3. Dinner and Drinks: Finally, one of my favorite things to do with my mum on any occasion is take her out on a mother- daughter date.  There's nothing your mum will love better then spending time with you, especially if you don't see her very often! So take her out somewhere nice and treat her to a delicious meal.  


I also thought it was worth mentioning that every year my sister and I get together to organize gifts for our mum.  This way, together, we can afford something a little nicer that we wouldn't have been able to apart!



What are you getting your mumma for Mother's Day?
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I think my mom would really appreciate the lipstick for mother's day <3 Such a great idea! :D Also, I nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! <3 You can check it out in my blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum loves hers! Thanks for reading.
      And thanks so much for the nomination! I'll go read it now.
      Xo, D.

      Delete