Image Map

Thursday 6 March 2014

Products That (Recently) Disappointed Me

Yay Thursday!
When I wrote my monthly "Favorites" post last week I initially wanted to include an additional "Unfavorites" or more appropriately "Products I Was Disappointed With" portion; however, when it came down to it combining Favs/ Unfavs into one post had the potential to be longer than some of the research papers I've written in University.  I made the executive decision that collectively it was far too long.   
  

On with with it then...

My Elizabeth Arden "Precision Guide Lip Liner"... the color Red Door Red  01 is perfect  and exactly what I was looking for- a true cherry red lip liner that I could use almost "universally" for the majority of my red lip shades to help with both longevity but more importantly to prevent bleeding. My first issue was the price- it cost $26CDN for around .35oz of product but I thought "hey! Elizabeth Arden- that's good shit- probably worth it".  It does not prevent bleeding at all.  Actually, I found that the liner itself bled.   It just really did not do what I wanted it to. *Sigh* I wanted it so bad.   

Second, I tried the new Cover Girl "Flamed Out" shadow pencil.  I loved the color of this (I think mine is Ginger Flame) and wanted to use it to smoke out on my lower lash line but I used it twice and I don't know what it was but my eyes were incredibly sensitive to it! They watered and stung so bad I just had to lay down with my eyes closed until it went away.  I don't normally experience any type of sensitivity so this was new to me (anyone else have this problem?) I think I'll pass it to my sister and see if she has any luck with it.  

My final disappointment was from The Balm.  I wanted to try more of their products as I love their "Lou-Manizer" collection.  I picked out their "Batter Up" Cream Eye shadow- once again I was sucker in by the packaging (I think I have a problem- weren't we always told not to judge a book by it's cover?) It has the cutest little MLB themed label and I got the shade "Home Plate Kate" which is a gorgeous champagne pinky-neutral color.  My thoughts were that it would make the perfect base for my Naked3 palette but once again it was the formula that killed me on this one.   It's not smooth or creamy at all but it has a really stiff texture and you really have to work with it in order to get a smooth or even application.

Anyone have better luck with any of these products?

4 comments:

  1. So sad to read about the Elizabeth Arden lip liner, I've been toying with the idea of buying it but the price is so steep. Just a tiny tip - whenever I use lip liner, I seal it with powder before putting on lipstick, that usually stops any bleeding :) x

    http://www.thegirlcalledjay.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of this before! I will have to try it!
      Thanks for reading.
      Xo, D.

      Delete
  2. I've been disappointed will Elizabeth Arden products in the past and now hearing about your experiencing makes me think I should be done with them for good. I just recently bought a bottle of Elizabeth Arden face toner and regretted the price I paid for it after the third or fourth use. I'm really sad to let them go but EA products just aren't worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad isn't it?! I am always surprised with their prices considering they are a "drug store" product. However, I do have one of their lipglosses that I absolutely love so they aren't all bad! Thanks for reading!
      Xo, D.

      Delete